We never thought to travel to Palm Springs for Modernism Week for the seventh time (since 2013) in 2020. As every year we’re so excited and can’t wait to come back to the valley for one of the best events of the year worldwide. Yes, Modernism Week became a “must attend” for us for many reasons. It’s the atmosphere, the landscape, the spirit of the area, great people, architecture and so much more to feel, see, do and experience which makes us take the long way out of Europe!
Since we have already participated in many guided tours and open house tours, we have been more interested in lectures and exhibitions in recent years.
It would be great to meet you at one of our this year’s scheduled events:
- Modernism Week Featured Home Tour: Guggenheim House – Feb 14, 2020 10:00 AM
- Film: The New Bauhaus (2019) – Feb 14, 2020 02:00 PM
- Richard Dorman, Architect: Desert Bel Air, Salton Sea and Beyond – Feb 15, 2020 09:00 AM
- Daniel Libeskind: Edge of Order – Keynote Presentation – Feb 15, 2020 01:00 PM
- Film: World Premiere of “Frey II: The Architectural Interpreter” – Part 2 – Feb 15, 2020 06:00 PM
- TWA Hotel: Rebirth of a Modern Icon – Feb 16, 2020 09:00 AM
- The Architecture of John Lautner and Helena Arahuete – Feb 16, 2020 11:00 AM
- Lautner Lecture Series – The Creation of The Chemosphere – Feb 16, 2020 01:00 PM
- Outside In: New California Modernism – Feb 16, 2020 03:00 PM
- Robin Boyd 101: Australia’s Most Celebrated Modernist – Feb 18, 2020 12:00 PM
- Chasing Ossipoff: Walker Warner Architects on Building Upon – Feb 15, 2020 10:30 AM
- Columbus: Indiana’s Modernist Experiment – Feb 19, 2020 09:00 AM
For us Europeans it is always very interesting to see that midcentury-modern architecture still has a positive influence on many areas, often without realizing it.
Obviously we’ll stay at our friends house Casa de Monte Vista in Old Las Palmas, one of the best areas to enjoy Palm Springs to the fullest!
See you in Palm Springs!