Working on a Mac has always been a great experience for us. Since the comeback of AutoCAD to the Mac platform there’s an even richer palette of applications available. But what when it comes to connectivity on the 2016 MacBook Pro? If you are used to work on your huge display like the Apple 27″ Cinema Display or other displays using the Mini DisplayPort (originally introduced by Apple) there are no solutions to connect them to your new Mac that really work – not to mention your USB printer, scanner or digital camera…
So what’s the solution? A new display, new printer…?
No! Today we found a perfect solution named ARC Hub by Bourge Design. This small disk offers a 7 in 1 solution:
- 2 x USB-C Ports (Main USB-C port is Thunderbolt 3 compatible [up to 10gbps], secondary USB-C port is for charging only and cannot deliver data or video)
- 2 x USB 3.0 Ports (Up to 640mbps/5gbps or 320mbps/2.5gbps when both USB ports are in use)
- 1 x SD Card Slot (UHS-ii Compatible)
- 1 x Mini Display Port 1.4 (1080p@60hz, 4K@60hz)
- 1 x HDMI Port 1.4 (1080p@60hz, 4K@30hz)
Its diameter is 9,6 cm and its hight is about 2 cm.
As the guys from Bourne Design are still testing the ARC Hub we do hope that it will ship soon to enjoy the full connectivity needed when working on a Mac professionally (and it’s not just designed for Mac)!
You can preorder ARC Hub here. What’s your experience?